The majority of business and website owners are, at a minimum, familiar with SEO, or search engine optimization, but taking that concept to the next step…did you know about video optimization? Videos are incredibly easy to create and YouTube has provided consumers with a great way to learn about businesses, products and services like never before. In fact, in one study, researchers found that videos are 50 times more likely to be found in internet searches than simple content that only contain only text/pictures. However, video content isn’t effective for boosting your business’ visibility if it’s not properly optimized.
What is Video Optimization?
The first step in optimized video content is employing the services of a reputable PR firm that has the skill and expertise to take your business to the next level, and ensure that your videos provide the promotional value that they’re capable of. Firstly, let’s discuss some of the key elements of effectively optimized videos. Properly optimized video content:
- Solves consumer problems and provides new Information potential customers can use
- Provides interactive video elements, such as links, quizzes, surveys or forms that initiate action after viewing
- Uses strategic keywords that potential consumers are searching for on search engines
- Drives traffic to your website via YouTube videos
- Allows viewers to embed your videos, which increases the potential for additional inbound links that win
- Incorporates a tracking system to ensure the overall strategy is producing results and growing
Getting the most out of your video content requires a multitude of considerations, as described above. In addition, however, YouTube uses several different criteria for its algorithm to rank videos, which includes:
- How often the video has been viewed
- How long someone views the video
- How often the video appears in a person’s playlist
- The number of positive rankings/comments
- The number of subscribers the creator (you) has
- How often the video is added to a playlist
- How often the video was embedded on the web
The consultants and Debra Lopez Public Relations possess the vital tools required to optimize video content using multi-platform promotions; metadata and transcriptions for indexing, usability and content via sitemaps; and of utmost importance – to analyze your performance, in order to plan future content.
Contact the Milwaukee PR consultants at Debra Lopez Public Relations to increase your business’s visibility and boost your customer base in today’s highly competitive marketplace.