If we had a dollar for every time we’ve heard things like “Why do I need to blog?” “I just don’t have the time” “No one comments on my blogs anyway” – we’d be retired. We cannot say it enough – Blogs matter. Even beginners in SEO know that Google values new, original content. So…let us lay it out for you.
- Blogs are an easy way to deliver fresh content.
- Search engine rankings are highly effected by unique content.
- The more often your website is update, the more often your rankings increase.
Now you’re probably wondering what would really happen if you stopping blogging, even temporarily. We’ll show you!
- Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links than companies that do not, and inbound links are (of course) critical to SEO success. (Stratabeat)
- B2B marketers who use blogs generate 67% more leads than those that do not.(InsideView)
- 61% of U.S. online consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from a blog.(BlogHer)
- Small businesses that blog get 126% more lead growth than small businesses that do not blog.(ThinkCreative)
But even with these impressive numbers, you may not see the need to continuously blog. Or you may think a short blog break won’t affect you. Or you may have excellent Google rankings and assume you’ll stay there.
This is not the case.
In 2015, WordPress developer and SEO expert Robert Ryan conducted an experiment to see exactly what the SEO results would be if he simply stopped posting blogs. Over the course of 251 days, Ryan posted no new content.
- Overall traffic to the site saw a major decline as it fell by 32 percent.
- Organic traffic dropped by a massive 42 percent.
- Traffic to the contact page was down by 15 percent.
- Overall site conversions fell by 28 percent.
- Google ranking dropped from #1 to #6.
While this is just one example of how blogging impacts your SEO, it’s a great one. The more you blog, the more traffic you’ll receive to your site. Simply put: increased site traffic leads to increased revenue. So while you may think you can afford a “blog break”, try thinking of it in terms of profit – because we know you’d never consider a “profit break”.
Debra Lopez Public Relations’ solid team of web content writers can provide your audience with creative blog content structured around your company’s message. Starting with company blog implementation, we will supply a steady stream of relevant, keyword rich content that search engines reward. Contact our Digital Content team today for a free consultation.